Tuesday 11 March 2014

Shichi-Snow-he

I've found myself feeling rather restless these last few weeks, the wether doesn't always lend itself to walking around outdoors. However, today was rather nice, so I took advantage of it and decided to play around with my new fave toy.

Here's another sampling of where I've been living the last year and a half.

I went out for the evening and lost my driveway one night.
Before shoveling...
After shovelling
A little toit, but it'll work.
Shortly after I'd taken these pictures, Mr Plow came by and dug me out properly.

Ok, on to the pictures I actually took this past Sunday afternoon.
Tall trees that reach the sky,
Mountains, two lakes nearby...
Stairs to the Tenno Shrine
View of the large shrine/White Spruce park from in front of the Tenno Shrine.
Shichinohe stretching out in front of the Tenno Shrine
You guessed it, the Tenno Shrine
Down the road, between the forest and the Post Office, there's a concrete
fence with a bunch of random stuff in it.

The buildings in town are quite diverse, while there are a number of rotting ones like the one on the right photo, there are even more new ones. The more I walk around town, the more I see. I noticed a few the other day, which even had western-style yards that were open, instead of full of lots of different manicured trees and other stuff.
More western use of space
Japanese style yard

My favorite spot along the river has become unreachable (well, it would be much easier with snowshoes on. I made the trek once, and that was plenty.) The large building in the bottom photograph is the hospital, just in case you were wondering. I want to get more shots of people doing things, but I think they may hide inside when I go out... 


No comments:

Post a Comment