Friday 2 November 2012

Halloween/Samhain

Wowee, the end of October already? I was invited by David to join up with his evening adult English class to participate in their Halloween Potluck party.



Naturally, I made some banana chocolate chip pancakes to bring along. Maybe next year I'll have figured out how to make pumpkin pie from scratch. David had a few games for everyone to play, a Halloween themed word search and bingo...


... and the ever popular TP mummy game. Our poor mummy could not see, but she could still walk.


Sunny days still abound despite the fact that it's almost November... no snowflakes yet, and every now and then the rain stops and the sun comes out to brighten our days.





I like how spooky and ominous and bright orange my soup looks in this shot. I believe I have gotten my chicken soup making skills down to an art... and a delicious one at that. The udon noodles work really nicely, too. I swear this stuff kills any hint at a cold... anytime my throat feels funny or my nose a little runny, I chow down on this magic, sleep lots and I'm right as rain the next day.

I think the secret is the habanero pepper I stick in with the chicken while I'm boiling it to make stock. ;)

The full moon and the spooky clouds in the sky made for some nice shots while I was walking around in the evening... I just wish my camera could (or that I knew how to set it so that it would) take better shots of such things...




They look not too bad when small, but the resolution isn't there when you make them bigger... Anyone have any suggestions on using my little Canon camera more effectively?

No comments:

Post a Comment