Monday 5 November 2012

Lake Towada

Sunday afternoon road trip to Lake Towada resulted in some pretty pictures...

We stepped outside after lunch and were treated to a sun shower...
I'd like to come back and see this path all lit up... but it's pretty during the day, too.

Cuuuuute! 
I wanted to buy one, but I didn't see any price tags, so I figgered it was either an art installment, science display (there was a microscope out) or some sorta conservation thing... but I couldn't read enough of it to know for sure.
Hanging balls... of moss (microscope in background!!)

Nutz to you, cha-cha-cha-chia!

I got some really nice shots (well, at least *I* think so) with my amature skills... I tried to show all the different colours that were out there, they really were amazing. We would just drive down the road a little ways, then stop for a photo shoot. It was pretty busy despite the fact that it was about 10 degrees and raining.


Weird moss lichen stuff... it wasn't smooshy, it was hard... anyone know what the heck it is?




To escape the cool weather, we wandered into a few shops... I saw this and thought of Leslie...


In Japan, one does not simply drink Coke...

Fish on sticks, out front of the vendor, under an umbrella slowly roasting... 
What cool day at the lake is complete without apple ice cream?
So...
Many...
Pretty...
Colours!


Last stop was in the visitor's center... I don't really know why the stuffed door mice clipped together at the bum... I thought they were supposed to be lemmings at first..

Believe it or not, I cut down a fair bit on the pictures that I posted.

I'll have to head back to the lake in the summer and get my rented canoe-on. It was a bit too blah of a day for it...





No comments:

Post a Comment