Tuesday 30 October 2012

Bowling

I got invited to join the folks from the matsuri (the festival I played Taiko drums in) for a night of bowling in Towada at Eagle Bowling Lanes. How could I refuse?



A couple of small differences in the way folks roll in Japan: for one thing, you play at two different lanes, the only reason I could come up with for it was that it's more efficient this way. I was given a helluva handicap (I guess I scream terrible bowler), but I found out from Tim and David later that all the women were given pretty big ones. 2nd (perhaps the strangest of all) you don't have to take your shoes off when you come in of all the places to have to do that, you'd think the bowling lanes would be that... Or maybe I just copied the wrong person and couldn't read the signs to know any better. :P








These old dudes meant business. One had his own ball and fancy wrist support... I, as usual, used an alley ball and just did my best to not fall down as I lobbed the ball down the lane... I swear one of these days I will figure out how to do this in a less embarrassing and more point acquiring fashion... but... not today.


The biggest difference of all...:
The bowling kicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment