Monday 1 October 2012

Hmmm...

One of my cousins, who's pregnant with her first child, posted something on facebook that made me realize what a great day I'm having.

She posted a picture that said "I'm making a human. What have you done today?"

First of all, the typhoon that had been coming closer and closer all weekend ended up going around us. So I did not get washed away, nor did I need to take a canoe to work.

As I rode my bike to work this morning, I was greeted by this sight:





Things were kinda quiet and slow around the office, so one of my co-workers took me for a drive and we went up Mt Hachiman and ended up in a few clouds, but could see alllll the way to the Pacific Ocean... hopefully we can make it out in these pics I snapped.


You can see Lake Ogawara on the left and then the Ocean along the horizon, but'cha probably have to zoom in a wee bit.



Down in the valley, it was all sunny and bright, but up in the mountains, there was still rain and plenty of wind... the clouds were just zipping by... I tried to capture them in a video, but it didn't quite work out.

I've caught up with a few friends online and talked with folks to make plans for trips this weekend and even during winter break. Fingers crossed we'll find some decent prices to head down south and get away from the snow for a spell.

She took the post down after I commented about going up the mountain and seeing a rainbow...
I've since thanked her for helping me realize what a great day I'm having. :D

I wonder what this evening shall bring... (I'd be ok with just reading The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest).

No comments:

Post a Comment