Saturday 29 September 2012

Ain't nothin' like comfort food...

I've been feeling a little run down and blah the last couple days... so I've been taking it easy, and decided yesterday that if I wanted to make sure I kept this cold at bay, I'd better have some chicken soup.

I've been able to find corn (!) soup, and cream of chicken (?) soup, but no straight up chicken soup to which I could add noodles to.

So here it goes from scratch:
mmmmm simmering pan fried chicken...
Simmered this for about 2 hours, then I just couldn't wait any longer.
As per the mighty Cara's instructions, I fried up my chicken... the only thing I feel I need to improve on, is to not let the chicken burn when I fry it up.

Onion, garlic, red & green bell peppers and a couple of carrots.

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble...

2 chicken breasts, bones and skin removed after the simmer session
 Added some udon noodles, some salt, and some red miso paste to try and cover up that dang burnt taste.
Add a grilled cheese sammich, and voila!
Food to feel happy by.
Not too shabby for a first attempt, and hooray for leftovers. Dang, that grilled cheese sammich sure was ooey-gooey deeeeelightful.

I wonder what I'll come up with tomorrow...

Turns out it was vegetarian chili and garlic cheese toast. :D


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh yes, very much... Now I have lotsa leftovers... I may even be persuaded to share some...

      Maybe...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Why thank you, 先生.
      I hope I've made you proud. :)

      Delete