Thursday 27 September 2012

Pee Ess...

Whilst chilling on the Shinkansen, I discovered stole aways... I'm pretty big on the whole "take only pictures, leave only footprints" deal, so, as much as I wanted a small piece of Mt Fuji to take with me, I did not grab a rock. Instead, I found that a few decent sized pieces had gotten stuck in the tread of my shoe. I promptly tucked them away for safe keeping. Now I ask you, dear readers... how can I make these rocks into a pendant for a necklace or phone charm for myself?

...and go!

They're fairly small, the 3 can fit on top of a penny...

4 comments:

  1. If they're that small you could maybe get a teeny tiny pendant vial (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4758140809_ff7848be13.jpg) put the rocks inside and put the vial on a necklace/cell charm (I'd vote necklace! Less easy for it to come off the string and be lost randomly)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... that may be a good solution, if I can find the right sized vial, then I don't have to worry about them crumbling... I shall keep my eyes peeled...

      Delete
  2. or perchaps if they are strong enough you could wire them together using thin jewelery wire. (http://www.lelli.ca/main_pendant.jpg) like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be pretty sweet, I agree. I'm not sure adept I am at doing such a thing... I guess I could practice with some other rocks first. I'm not entirely sure how strong they are, I haven't really tested them... They did survive me walking on them for 2 days before I found them.

      Thanks!

      Delete