Tuesday 14 August 2012

Welcome to the WOOOORLD of TOMORROW!

Howdy folks,

Sorry for the delay in updating, I was trying to resist doing this at work, but, since I have no idea when I`ll be online in my apartment, I say nutz to work ethic. So, I`ve been setteling in  alright, but, it`s very strange not having a cell or `net connection at home to keep me in contact with you lot. Thankfully I live near a couple of other ALTs (assistant language teachers) and they have been great for inviting me a long to go shopping and hang out with folks.

My towel and tissue gift from my bank. Who needs a toaster!?


Friday night, I went to the 100 yen shop in Towada with Christina, Tim and Chelsea and grabbed a bunch of housewares to organize things in my apartment a little better. I`m sure I will find more things to buy later... I found out yesterday that I need to get a strainer so I can wash rice properly to use the rice cooker I was lent.  After we hit up the shop, I found me some beer... in nice sized bottles. Mmmmmmmm.

Dark larger& half and half... 
There were a bunch of cool statues that we saw while wandering around before getting dinner at an Indian restaurant (mmmmm Indian curry....) but I forgot to bring my camera with me... so I`ll just have to go back and get pictures later. :D

Saturday night we went out to the mall in Shimoda to see a movie. Grabbed a bite to eat at an "Italian" buffet-style resturant first. Watched Promethius (again) in 3D, I think I liked it better the second time, strangely enough. I guess it`s because I knew not to expect lots in the way of explanation or back story, and to just enjoy the fancy visuals.

I found two cans of men`s shaving cream for the same price of one can of women`s... Also there`s a giant robot on one. XD

Calendar explaining what type of trash will be collected on which days

Chart explaining what makes up the different types of trash and how they are to be organized. You have to buy bags at the store and put your name and block on them. If you mess up, they will be brought back to you to sort properly...

My first attempt at cooking in Japan. Udon noodles, soup broth, frozen vegetables and chicken. Turned out pretty well, too.

Map of the first beach we hit up Sunday, August 13th

Itty bitty train station where we met up with Lisa for beach fun
Sunday I met up with a few ALTs and we went to Hachinohe for the day to get our beach on. The weather didn`t quite co-operate, as you can see... it was pretty misty...
What`s all this mist!?

 It appears I can`t post any more pictures... so I will just have to continue this post later...

No comments:

Post a Comment