Wednesday 15 August 2012

To the beach!





Now to continue with the beach adventure.



It was not a cold day, it had been quite warm and sunny in Shichinohe when we left, however we were greeted by fog when we finally arrived in Hachinohe. Being the fish that I am, I taunted the ocean by standing in it and misjudged the magnitude of the wave that was coming in... and was promptly knocked over. Thankfully I was quick and held my camera and passport up high so they did not get ruined by the water. Hooray!


Not the most inviting beach I`ve ever been to...



So we hung out there and chatted and relaxed. Then went in search of food at one of the kaitenzushi joints in town. Kinda like sushi train, the plates are all colour coded to tell you the price of the sushi, you take what you want as it goes past, and then calculate your tab when you`re done. I just wish I could remember the name of the restaurant... All I know is that it wasn`t Kappa sushi. 


The stairs going up to  Kabushima Benzaiten (蕪島弁財天)  shrine on the shore


Famous for being near the breeding ground of black foot seagulls, I could only see regular ones...

After we finished at the beach, we headed for the Gokuraku Onsen. Trust me, you are glad that I didn`t take any pictures. lol. Nothing like a couple rooms full of naked people. There were several different pools to soak in after you`d washed up, including a warm blue one (we think there was coloured oil in it or something... not sure) most of the pools were 41C, though that cool one was 34C and the cold pool was a chilly 16C. It was... refreshing when you were tired of the heat. There are two saunas there, too, one off the main indoor room full of bathing and pools and one off of the outdoor pool. Inside there were tatami mats for you to loung on... so you could relax and watch the tv that`s inside. Naturally, it was showing the Olympics. I met up with Tim for a beer while we waited for the other girls to finish getting dressed, then we went to Pia Do for some food court dining and then made our way back to Shichinohe.


No comments:

Post a Comment