Monday 27 January 2014

I've been doing lots of reflecting...

...and I think this quote sums up where I'm sitting right now:

"We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people. All through our lives.
And that's ok. That's good. You gotta keep movin'.
So long as you remember all the people that you used to be." - The Doctor

I'm still enjoying my time out here, it's fabulous. I am *so* glad that I signed up for a second time around. I'm better able to enjoy rather than frantically trying to understand what the HELL is going on. (I still don't know what's going on, but I've got a bit more language in my brain that helps me not feel so lost.) I've got good friends with whom I have some really, really great conversations. I honestly, truly enjoy the time that we get to spend together and am grateful that they are in my life. The last week has been *full* of really solid chats and reconnections with those I love the most. It's a bit bizarre that some of the people who mean the most to me speak to me the most infrequently. However we make up for the gaps with catching up, supporting, advising and laughing with each other. I am so lucky to have and keep these upbeat, positive, supportive people in my life.

I've got some ideas on where to go for my next adventure, but I feel it's a wee bit early to state it as a fact or anything.

So.

Here are some pictures of my sleepy, snowy Shichinohe. Taken with my new (to me) camera. I've made a step up from ye olde point'n'shoot Canon Powershot to a compact SLR Nikon D3100.
These were all taken last weekend when there was a nice afternoon. I had hoped to make it out to the river this weekend, however gusting winds made laundry, house cleaning, soup making and parcel-prepping seem a much better use of my time. If anyone has any tips/suggested reading I can check out to improve, please, drop me a line or leave a comment. Be kind, though, I'm just doing this for fun. ;)

PS: HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY~! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment