Monday 8 July 2013

Late night Beach Party & 仮面ライダーライブ! (Kamen raidaa raibu =Skyrider Live!)

The following Friday I was invited to a beach party. I made the drive up to Rokkashomura in the evening and we met at the mall for dinner. There's a yummy Indian place just inside the main doors of the Reev. I decided to try the 'chicken burger' which looked like a pita in the photo, but, in reality, it was na'an bread folded in half and filled with delicious and spicey goodness. and despite the rain, we got ice cream and drinks and went down to the beach where we sang Beach Boys song, and longed for our beach umbrella and beach blanket. We stuck around long enough to have the rain water pool about our knees on the tarp we hunkered down on to enjoy our treats and have the tide come in and soak one of my shoes.

Enjoying ourselves, dammit!
We quickly escaped to Joy's for the rest of the evening, dried off and hung out.


Sunday, due to Juliann's inability to attend due to work obligations, I was invited to check out a 仮面ライダー show. Tim and I picked up Katie and we went out for some lunch next door to the venue. This little boy provided entertainment as we dined.


I have never watched the show, but felt that I should check it out... You can check the Wiki page here. But think Power Rangers. So... we were the only ones there who weren't accompanied by a child under the age of 8. One of my teachers told me she saw me there when I was visiting her school the next week. Sadly, you couldn't take any pictures, but it was quite entertaining and we had a blast watching it, even if I couldn't pick up on all the subtle things in the plot. Haha. Apparently Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is going to play a show there at some point... We don't quite understand why she would play such a small venue, but... the mural is pretty sweet... all prog-rock cover... and weird like her videos.

I bought a boss towel and got a sweet ring as a bonus. Because it's white, and I am far too messy for white things, I have designated is as a wall hanging and have been putting the pins that I have acquired on it to display them.

Time for an 'only in Japan' moment. While we were exiting after the show, we noticed, near where the balloons were for sale, that there was an envalope full of money left unattended upon a folding table. Go Japan.





No comments:

Post a Comment