Friday 17 August 2012

Mmmmm takoyaki...

Because I didn`t bring a lunch, I got to go and check out a festival in Shichinohe town central park yesterday. While I missed seeing the Go Buster, I did get to see some taiko drumming. The video`s pretty long, so I won`t post it just yet...the upload speeds at work are... not so hot.

Anyway, the food was super yummy. I had some onigiri, a few different flavours (balls of rice with stuff inside, wrapped in seaweed)... but I didn`t take a photo.




Rice wrapped with teriyaki grilled meeeeeeat.





Takoyaki. that`s octopus in the middle. Mmmmmm.

A can of iced coffee.


Mountains off in the distance... I`m sure I`ll get used to it, but for now it`s neat to see.

I don`t have too much else to share at this point. Oh... I got a yukata today from Manami in my office. She showed me how to put it on, and I think my first attempt was not too shabby, but it will take a lot more practice... or help... 



2 comments:

  1. That yukata is gorgeous on you! (by the way... This is Ashley, silly Blogger!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash!
      Apparently there`s another festival in September that it would be appropriate to wear to, the sandals (geta) I was given are going to be clunky to wear... hopefully they don`t hurt my feet too much... I was given a pair of tabi to wear with them, but I dunno if I`m completely down with socks and sandals. Haha.

      Delete