Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 1... first stop: Cowtown!

After a short nap, Ben went with me to the airport for the un-cool hour of 4:30am. Obviously I did *not* book the flight. Good thing we had those beers to help us relax and catch some minimal Zzzs.
My Aunt/Godmother met me there bright and early to share her sunny disposition, neverending encouragement and love to help me out with that morning.

Despite the fact that I forgot to wear a suit (I always dress comfy for flights), I managed to get changed at the Calgary airport and suit up to the appropriate businessy level of dress. We went for a short orientation meeting at the Japanese Consulate, then went to a welcome gathering at the Consulate General's home for lunch and meet 'n' greet.

Currently, we're crashing in 'The Boy's' (Jon and Rigor) room at the International Hotel. We seem to have a nice little clique going. I wonder if we'll be seated near each other on the long flight.  I believe the plan is to hit up a pub for dinner for a few pints and some pub food...

No comments:

Post a Comment