Tuesday 25 June 2013

This may seem like a strange thing to blog about...

My beautiful motherland.
...but I went to Canada to visit my family as it had been about a year since I had been away. The time has flown by this year, for the most part. I wonder how year 2 will feel.

Anyway, because this is not just read by my Mum (Hi Mum!!! *waves*), I thought I would stick up a few photos from that whirlwind tour.








Cabin as viewed from the dock
I spent my first weekend out at my Uncle Mike's cabin on War Eagle Lake in Ontario. It's a nice small lake and the cabin is on waterfront property. It is one of my most favorite places to go in the whole world. I went out with my parents, younger brother and their dog. My maternal Gramma, Aunt and Uncle, my cousin and his lovely girlfriend and a small pack of dogs were sequestered in this small corner of the world. It was heaven and exactly what I had missed.
My folks and brother, plus their dog, Arwen and my Uncle's dog Hannah. Gramma B & Mum.
Uncle Mike, Dad and Geord. Kailey, Brian and Max the flying wiener-dawg.

Cabin breakfast a la Mike. Buttermilk pancakes (from scratch) and... delicious, delicious bacon.
North American BBQ and the view of the lake as seen from the deck.

Screened in veranda with lovely patio lanterns (dang you Kim Mitchell!). Hannah decided my brother's bag made a much better bed than her bed.

There is going to be a complete rebuild of this place, so right now my there's a whole lotta brush clearing going on. And what else are we going to do with said brush but BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLLLLL~! I, being the fire master that I am, guided the flames to burn down to a small pile of ash and embers by the time it was bedtime. Awwww yeah.





The proceeding week went by in a blur, but here are some highlights from my travels oot and aboot Peg City.
J-Rum, CC & a Scallywag

Delicious food, including, but not limited to cinnimon buns, Rickard's red beer, sweet potato fries and bison burgers. :9


Hipsters in training, the king of the crossing guards and Tim Horton's coffee.
Jody, Lianne and Andy
"Kick a Ginger" day is Nov 20th.
Smell ya later, River City.


4 comments:

  1. Great update CC :D Loving all the photos! The lake is my happiest place too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. どうもありがとうステイシーちゃん!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the *mention* Cath :-) I want a copy of the pic of us that you added to your desktop.

    ReplyDelete