Tuesday 15 January 2013

Let's try......... SNOWBOARDING!!!

Good evening loyal readers! I hope You're all doing well this evening. I'm doing great for someone who has no hot water. I'm waiting for the official report as to what needs to be fixed (apparently they need to come from the big city to have a look and things before they can fix it), so it could take a month before they get out here... so I get to either use the public bath or go to Christina's (she's a sweetheart who's taken pity on David, Tim and myself). But if that's the worst thing, I'm not doing too badly, grand scheme of things.

Anyway, after my quiet two weeks off, I had a week of work then a long weekend. Yippie! As much fun as it was to relax mostly all on my onesies, I really really really wanted to get out of Shichinohe for the weekend. The lovely Tori answered my call and offered to put me up and teach me how to snowboard! Huzzah! So, it was back to Hirosaki for an action packed weekend. Tori and Kyle were at the tattoo parlour as she was getting more work done on her super-boss arm piece, so I caught a late train down to the city. I made a friend on that train, his name's Ken. He wanted to practice his English, so he started chatting with me. Turns out he likes rock music and used to play in bands when he was in High School, so I told him about Kyle's band playing Saturday night. 



Saturday morning was spent with the girls at the Cut Space Union salon. Tori, Stacy and myself needed to get our hrrr did. They did an awesome job, too! I'm happy to have my blonde back! Bye bye roots!
Hair drying spins around your head...
Yaaaay! I feel like myself again! ;)


 Next stop: Ajigasawa Ski Resort for Snowboarding 101! I managed to master getting up from my knees and sliding down the hill toe side. After a couple hours, I was ready for a break. To save a bit of cash, we didn't purchase lift tickets (we only had a couple hours before we had to be in town for Kyle's show) so we were walking up the bunny hill and sliding down again. Haha.


Tori-sensei and Peter, who freaking mastered snowboarding right away!
D'awwwww. Peter Panda.

 Next up, Mag-Net to see Tori's husband's band play; Kyle and the College Try. Fantastic stuff! Ken even showed up and met a bunch of the Hirosaki crew that he can meet up with when he's in town on the weekends. Daym I'm good at helping people network. :D



Eternal Crest Tattoo Parlour, where I will get my Japanese tattoo done... once I decide what to get to commemorate this journey. 
Tori treated us to some homemade ramen bowls. Deeeelicious. Then it was time to head out to the pub to join in the celebrations and have a couple beers. As we walked past the park (the same one that prohibits chair kicking and telepathy battles) there was a straaaange sight... (don't crank your speakers, we get kinda loud at the end...)


The final destination for this evening, Robbin's Nest. The bass player from Kyle's band also owns this club. I met him when I was there for New Year's eve. Fellow JET Amy's birthday is Tuesday, so we were celebrating it ahead of time. There was a great turn out for that night, so great to see folks again! Missed folks over the break, so catching up was wonderful!

One more time! Woo woo! 
Sunday morning we tried to get up early, but kinda failed after the later-ish night at the pub. Eventually we hit the mountain. I was pretty slow to start, hadda take it easy, but managed to get a few runs in and can even get up facing down the mountain. Pretty good for a prairie girl, me thinks. Haha. I can't thank Tori enough for her help and patience with me.
Dowwwwwnnnnn we gooooo
Me, Evan and Peter at the tippy top!
Peter and my second day out on the hill, Peter was learning tricks and Evan was rocking the hill. Amazing, guys!


 I haven't mastered the art of turning yet, so, my thighs were killing me...  I took a couple breaks a long the way, but at least had reached the point where I was going where I want to when I wanted to (including stopping OMG! Now I just need to learn how to do that on skates!). Pizza Hut pizza for dinner and Settlers of Catan rounded out the evening. What a great time. Hopefully I will win a game next time.

Evan, Peter, Tori, Kyle, and Kimberly relaxing in Chateau Sharpe.
Sadly I was bitten by a hobo on the way to the train station... I feel the virus is starting to take over, it's getting harder and harder to type correctly...

Soon I will lose me...

This will be last post.

Tell Mum I love heraaaaaaarrrr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment